Read TruthInConviction at http://www.citizenlink.org/CLNews/A000006077.cfm

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

GOD’S HOPE PASSAGE

J. Grant Swank, Jr.


I asked God this morning for a Bible section that would speak to today and to my soul.


I opened up the Bible at random, as I have been in the habit of doing lately. I asked the Holy Spirit to direct me to the passage God wanted me to read specifically as related to the newsfeeds I had been studying this morning.


This is where God took me:


“Finally, brothers and sisters, pray for us, so that the word of the Lord may spread rapidly and be glorified everywhere, just as it is among you, and that we may be rescued from wicked and evil people; for not all have faith. But the Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you and guard you from the evil one.”


Once again, God was prompt and most efficient. He took me to II Thessalonians 3:1-3.


As I read only those three verses, I thought I was reading from God’s printout dated for this day alone.


We do call on other believers to pray with us, right?
Why? So that the “word of the lord may spread rapidly and be glorified everywhere.”


For we want God to do what with our existences? We want Him to “rescue us from wicked and evil people, for not all have faith.”


Who is it then whom we can ultimately rely on to be true? “The Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you and guard you from the evil one.”


Is not that perfect counsel?


Suggestion: Keep the Bible near you throughout your waking hours. Refer to it throughout that day. Ask God to direct you to the passage He wants you to digest.


God is faithful. He “will guard you from the evil one.”


Read WITH BUSH, MCCAIN, & OBAMA, TRUST GOD MORE THAN EVER at http://grantswank.blogtownhall.com/2009/02/10/with_bush,_mccain,___obama,_trust_god_more_than_ever.thtml


ADDENDUM: King James Version of II Thes 3:1-3


Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you; And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith
But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.


I tend to prefer the KJV above in comparison to the Revised Standard Version in the body of the post.